Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warning: Shameless bragging about my kids

Boy, do I think I have cute kids.

Briton is doing great. ("Terrific" is the word used by the pediatrician. That is new for us. The first two didn't have the best start.)

We love having him around. And, um, the past two nights I have had to wake him up to eat at 3 am. Call me crazy (for waking him up). Or call him crazy (for sleeping through a perfectly good meal). I am not wanting to jinx myself because two of the first three nights he was home were not fun. He just wouldn't sleep so I am not going to underestimate his ability to pull an all-nighter again.

Briton has gotten a lot of attention the past week, but I sure can't forget about Abby. She is pretty fantastic. She amazes Mike and me with things she says.


Here are a few:


Mike arranged for Abby to be babysat a couple times this week by branch members so that Briton and I could get used to each other and so that I could take naps. At the house of a 21-month-old boy yesterday, she was riding a little trike and put an orange cone on her head. When the little boy said, "Hat!", Abby corrected him with "Helmet!"

This morning Abby was reading a book and I heard her say, "Book up down". I then watched her turn the book right side up. (In Kindergarten, we called that "concepts about print". Abby would've passed.)

We've only been here a month and a half and Abby will tell us the names of the grocery stores, point out the library and recognizes the street the church is on.

This is a wall in our house that has pictures of us as well as all of Abby's grandparents and great-grandparents. She can name them all (even the ones who she never met) and can tell you what state many of them live in!
Here's one more Abby-ism (a favorite of ours). Last night Abby was playing with her stickers. She came up to Mike and I and said, "Sticker go?" (That means "Where did the sticker go?") She started picking (really digging into) her nose and I got concerned. Then she said, "Sticker hiding." She told us a few times that the sticker was hiding before she was able to successfully dig it out. We laughed.

Incidentally, if you notice any missing "ooooooooo"s in this post, disregard. That key is sticking and it's kind of driving me nuts. (I think I caught most of them...)

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love the sticker story! And I think that bragging about your kids is one of the best reasons to blog-no warning needeed :-)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your new baby! He is so handsome! I'll bet Abby adores him.

Amanda said...

On my gosh is he cute! Abby is a hoot. I am so impressed you already have a family picture hanging on the wall.

Bonny said...

So cute! Abby sounds a lot like Carlyn at that age. She remembered and noticed everything. I've wanted to do a wall like that with pictures of grandparents, but found that I personally don't have pictures of even my grandparents. I keep meaning to gather them. Your house is looking so cute.