Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Missing...

...baby

Baby brother has not arrived yet. Due to the "prompt" arrival of both of the girls, we are a bit surprised, but Mike and I both arrived late so I suppose we deserve it.

...grandma

After 10 days, my mom left yesterday. We will all miss her a lot. She was so helpful and we loved the company. Abby was terribly disappointed when she realized she drove 90 minutes to the airport only to find out that grandma was getting on the plane alone.

...
snow

So, the snow is missing, but we aren't really missing it. This picture was taken on Sunday. On Saturday, there were at least 8 or 9 inches of snow throughout the yard and big mounds along the sides where the shovels dropped it off. Yesterday was 58. Today is supposed to be 50 and it is raining so the snow is all gone. (I am not naive enough to not expect it to return.)
...
binkie

She hasn't used the binkie at the house at all and seems to be OK.

In fact, yesterday we were walking through Ikea and I had to explain to her why she couldn't go into their playroom (because she doesn't wear big girl panties). We had a very nice installment of the ongoing what big girls do versus what babies do conversation. She volunteered that baby brother would need a binkie and it didn't seem to bother her that she doesn't have one.

She told me this morning that her binkies were at the hotel. I didn't lie to her, but I also didn't tell her where they really are.

There is a small problem though. According to my mom, who slept in the same room as Abby at the hotel, each morning at around 5 or 6 she'd wake up, find the binkie and go back to sleep. She is still waking up at that unsightly hour, but forgetting the fall back to sleep part. My mom was really nice and let Abby go into the room she was in and crawl in bed with her while Mike and I slept oblivious downstairs.

Grandma is gone, so Abby came down to our room "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" at 4:56 am. Mike let her climb in with him and as soon as she was asleep, he took her back upstairs. I can't complain at all because she slept until almost 9. I think she'll return to her great sleeping habits soon.

(I cannot complain. Abby is a fabulous sleeper even when she is waking up at 5 or 6.)

12 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

Good for her for giving up Binkie so easily. That's always such a tough one. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well, and I'm jealous of the 58 yesterday. Soon enough it will be Spring. Let us know when your little late boy shows up! Lots of love-Brimley's

Julie Williams said...

I love the outside of your house! It is so cute! Great job Abby for giving up the binky.

amberjill said...

beautiful home!! i'm on the other siide of the binky dilemna...my kids give it up around 6 months, and I become the binky! I'm so jealous!

Holli said...

I'm glad you keep posting updates because I keep checking to see if he's arrived yet and I don't have to wonder if the absence of a post means you're pushing. He's going to be one healthy boy!

I so love your house!

Good luck!

Angie said...

I LOVE your house! How exciting! Congratulations!

Lizzy said...

Your house is so darling! Maybe Abby can come visit Macey in awhile and teach her how to give up the bikny!

Em-Cat said...

I can't wait to hear about baby brother coming soon! Good luck!

Love,
Em

Haley said...

I'm sad your mom had to go before the baby came! Maybe if you call my mom, she'll come over? :) It's not that far.... I predict he comes tonight! Best of luck!

Bonny said...

I know you feel anxious that he's not here yet, but you did request a little extra time, remember? :) I hope he does come soon though. Abby's so cute and good luck with everything!

Jen said...

I can't wait to see pics of the little guy. He will be 6 months old before you know it. It always goes way to fast. Good luck with everything! We will be in touch :)

Scullerina said...

Your home looks gorgeous. I am glad you were able to move in and settle before baby boy's arrival.
I am stalking your blog so I'll know when he arrives.

My sister is having the same waiting game....her baby girl should come any second. I fly out to her place tomorrow & love the idea of a valentine baby (easy for me to say since I'm not the one going into painful labor right). Maybe you'll both get a valentine baby tomorrow or a lucky baby today on Friday the 13th.

I can't wait for both babies to arrive

hang in there.

Monica Mary said...

Love love love your house!!!

Miss miss miss you!