Friday, February 13, 2009

The play room and front room

Here is the bonus room:We painted it "Peach Tickle". I love the color! (It is definitely not peach-y, but yellow. It's a great color for a play room - that doubles as a guest room.)



There are a few finishing touches (of course) that I need to add. I am going to have Mike cut out some bead board picture frames, spray paint them white and then scatter them throughout the room with fun pictures of the kids and family. I got the idea from the Brimley's great pictures in their living room (hope you don't mind guys).

Here is a really undramatic transformation. This is the front living room. We just got rid of the purple, and put the piano and a sofa table in it. (I like purple, but not for this room.)

I'll put baby pictures of the kids over the piano. Somewhere on the "to buy" list is a love seat or maybe a couple nice chairs to put in this room, but right now...just a piano.

By the way, baby brother is tentatively "scheduled" to arrive on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Bonny said...

You are amazing and obviously have more energy pregnant than I ever do. The rooms look so cute! I am envious of your extra room. I'm in desperate need of one! We look forward to hearing about the baby on Wednesday or sooner :)

Shana said...

I was so excited to see the desk in the play room! You definitely have more room for it now. I'm glad you posted pics, the rooms have turned out nice... did the kitchen get a different color as well? Or did you decide orange was the new tan? :o) Abby has such a big room... what to do with all that space! Even though I'm sure you are ready for the baby to come, it's exciting to see you got a lot of stuff done before he arrived. Now you can sit back and enjoy him. Any family coming to help? Mom coming back anytime soon? Good luck in the next few days. We'll be anxiously awaiting "THE POST". Love you guys!

Jen said...

BEAUTIFUL! I bet you are just loving your new home. I am so happy for you guys.

Ryan and Alicia said...

The paint colors you chose are great! I love Abbie's red color. What a great color for now and when she's older. By all means use the beadboard picture frame idea. That's one nice thing about friends and model homes, you can get great ideas everywhere. Hope everything goes well on Wed. Keep us posted.

Holli said...

So cute! I especially love the color of Abby's room.