Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap up

We had a very busy weekend. I feel like I haven't really been home in three days.

It started like this (at the branch egg hunt):


So far as I can tell it was while we were at the hunt that the Easter Bunny stopped by our house (sneaky guy) to drop off baskets and hide some eggs in the living room.

After an hour or so, we piled into the car (again) and headed here:

Abby was so excited to go to the temple, but disappointed she couldn't go inside with mom and dad. Mike took her inside the first set of doors and that seemed to be good enough. Do you remember the quote from the last session of conference? “As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us.”

After a more than we had planned for trip to Costco and a 1.5 hour drive we made it home in time for Abby's bedtime.

That was Saturday. Sunday was calmer after we took care of this - Abby keeps life so interesting:

The kids looked darling.

Church was very nice. We had a nice musical program in Sacrament Meeting with quotes from the prophets about the Savior, his Atonement and Easter - how appropriate. I got a new calling. I am back in Primary and very excited about it.

After church we went to the home of the Smiths in our branch. They live in a nice home on 60 acres out in the country. (Our branch covers a lot of country.) "The country" is to Michigan like the mountains are to Utah (at least around here). They were so generous to invite several of the transplant families (like us) over for dinner. The food and the company were fantastic.

Happy Easter!

Easter means so much. Without the resurrection of the Son of God, life would have no meaning. Life would have an end. Miraculously life does not end.

Yesterday I thought a lot about Hope. I really wish I knew her better. My life operates in the "2 kids" mode, but I really have 3. Sometimes that can be hard. She really is a part of our family but she isn't here.

It is the miracle of Easter, though, that takes care of all of this. Hope lives on. She is an eternal member of our family. We will be with her forever and our relationship will grow and develop throughout eternity. What a great reason to celebrate!

8 comments:

M. Nelson said...

You have three beautiful children. I'm glad you had such a happy Easter in your new place.

Lizzy said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome Easter! I love the picture of Abby touching the temple.

Stephanie said...

Love the pics. Your kids are adorable in their Easter attire. I wish I could have known Hope too. I can't imagine facing the trial of losing a child. You are an inspiration to me, and thank you for the reminder that we are so incredibly lucky to have eternal families!

Bonny said...

That's sweet. I'm glad you had a good Easter. Is that sink as big as Abby makes it look? :)

Anne-Marie said...

I was thinking about your family & Hope alot this weekend too as I was preparing to teach our Primary kids "I wonder when He comes again."

That musical number and the meaning of it, will always be burned in my memory (fondly) from Hope's beautiful memorial.

The Wessman Family said...

Bonny - the sink isn't any bigger than a normal bathroom sink. We were pretty puzzled as to how she fit into it.

Anne-Marie - Thanks for your thoughts. I love that song. I need to teach it to Abby!

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

You have such a cute eternal family!

Shana said...

That is my favorite primary song! What an amazing blessing we have to know we are eternal families. It makes life worth living, doesn't it?