Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today

The past 36ish hours I've been sick. Bleh! A couple in our branch told me a few weeks ago that all those folks from out west get sick when they first move here. New set of flu bugs and lots of humidity to keep those bugs alive. Our family could add weight to that theory.

Having said that, there were some good pluses today:

  • I found out my new washer and dryer arrive tomorrow. (We weren't expecting them for a week so Mike hurried and posted the old ones on craigslist and they were sold almost immediately.)
  • Abby has developed an interest in the apostles. She has the First Presidency mastered so she has been asking me to practice Quorum of the 12 with her using a centerfold from a recent Church News. 12 is a lot more than 3 so we're still working on it, but she is getting Elders Hales and Bednar consistently. She says, "Elder Bednaro." I try to tell her that it is Bednar, but she keeps saying Bednaro. It sounds pretty cute and we don't do it disrespectfully:)
  • We got babysitters for both nights this weekend! Friday=date, Saturday=Stake Conference.
  • We got to spend lunch with Mike. We weren't doing anything too interesting - registering our car and getting new drivers' licenses (we must be very official now) - but it was nice to hang out together.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bonny said...

She's about the same age as Carlyn was when you or Maria did that apostle sheet with pictures and velcro and the song (do you remember?) She loved it and wanted me to play constantly and still remembers most of them by face, which is better than what I can do. I love how smart they are at that age. Sorry to hear you were sick.

Lizzy said...

I love the Mickey Mouse shirt!

Stephanie said...

Wow, memorizing the apostles! I'm impressed! Hope you're feeling better!

kcskinner said...

Wow that is so cool that she is learning the Apostles. She is so big. It sounds like you are adjusting to life there.