Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A tag...

Cousin Carli tagged me...

5 things I was doing 5 years ago:


1. I had been married for about 3 weeks 2. I was teaching Kindergarten
Hmmm...that was most of my life...

3. I was living in Murray 4. And I think I was a Primary teacher 5. And I was quite happy!

5 things on my to-do list for today:

1. Fold laundry!!!! (the JOYs of a newborn - I've read a few blogs today that have put some things into proper perspective - I'm grateful to have my kids to fold laundry for)
2. Mop the floor (I'd be very surprised if I actually do this one)
3. Maybe watch American Idol (more likely than mopping the floor)
4. Reheat leftovers for dinner:)
5. Write a to-do list for tomorrow so that I can be really productive
Follow-up: It is now bedtime. I started this post earlier today. The results? I did #4. That's all. (I should've put "Plan for Seminary" on the list, but I forgot - not that I forgot I was subbing tomorrow morning (6:15 am), just forgot to put it on the list. I did that, though.) So who was eliminated? Haha, I'll look it up.

5 things I would do with a million dollars:

1. Pay for my kids' education 2. Make sure that our retirement is taken care of (exciting, I know) 3. Travel 4. Visit Utah/family often 5. Remind myself that a million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to:)

5 places I have lived:
1. Texas 2. California 3. Indiana 4. Alabama 5. Nebraska

5 things I want to be doing in 5 years:


1. Helping out in my kids' classrooms at school 2. I'd like to have 2+ more kids...but probably not be pregnant
Hmmm...I'm not thinking too well tonight so for the last 3, fill in the blanks with some really cool things.

3. 4. 5.

And, to add to the list:

5 things about Abby:
1. She loves her dad a lot. Anytime (oftentimes when) she and I have a slight disagreement, she is tending to cry, "I want my daddy come home..."
2. She wanted to play with some ABC flash cards. I showed her the "U" and she said "semi-circle". Impressive.
3. She decided to make herself some "purple stuff" yesterday. Purple stuff is Gatorade. We have some of the powdered Gatorade mix. Independence=sticky floor.
4. She was looking at some pictures on this here blog and when I asked her where the picture from Briton's blessing was taken, she said, "Church" and "Missionaries". I wasn't sure why she said missionaries until I remembered that the missionaries had taken that particular picture. Good memory...
5. For Shana - Also, while we were looking at blogs she really just wanted to see pictures of Cooper. I can't wait to see pictures of his new little brother!

5 pictures of Briton:


3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey...this was a nice post to read. I always feel better after reading about your life. It really helps put thing in perspective.

After seeing these new pictures, I must say, I think that Briton looks like Grandpa Wessman!

Strong Family said...

It's okay if you don't get much done. I find I am happy as longas dinner is cooked and my living room doesn't look to disasterous. It's busy have a new baby.

Shana said...

We're way excited to meet Briton and I know Cooper will love to play with Abby soon!!!