Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference on Sunday

I can't wait to go here this month...My theme for today:

How to stay happy regardless of our circumstances
  • Press forward with faith without concern for setbacks
  • Remember that the Savior has experienced all in order to succor us in our experiences
  • Focus on what is really important (i.e. keep the gospel the center of our lives)
  • Serve and sacrifice
  • Line up our lives with the temple (live worthy of a recommend and use it often)
I have to also make note of Elder Perry's talk. I need to be a better missionary so it is good for me to remember the talks (there is always at least one) on missionary work. I don't want to be missing in action!

Conference was fabulous. I feel so uplifted and inspired. Everything seemed to fit together so well and I found lots of applications. What a blessing! Mike and I feel very blessed and grateful.

1 comments:

Borland family said...

I know you wrote your post for you but I wanted to tell you that I read it and it helped me to remember that He is ALWAYS there for us. Bob has been working in Lancaster and it has been AWFUL for him and because they have decided it's only temporary, we will not be joining him. Having him leave today was very hard and then I read your post about pressing forward with faith and remembering that our Savior has experinced all. Thank you for your post today, it helped me to remember that this will only be for a short time, all for our good and that we will all be living together again in the same house.