Sunday, August 2, 2009

Finishing up

During the last week of our trip (among other things) we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday. We had a fun time and I was happy to be able to see so many neighbors, friends and family.(Part of) our last weekend in Utah was spent at the cabin. As always, the swings were a hit. Briton went on his first four-wheeler ride. We were at the cabin for less than 24 hours, but it was probably the most relaxing time of the trip. We ate, visited, watched movies and played (but not too hard). It was fun to see the work my parents have been doing down there.

Our last full day in Utah was a bit overplanned. Mom and I started at the spa where my cousin's wife works with a fabulous pedicure (probably the nicest I've ever received). I appreciated some of my other cousins babysitting the kids. After that we went to lunch with one of my grandmas and then headed downtown for a continuation of our full day (with sleeping kids that we'd have to wake up). We toured the new Church History Library (where I saw a member of my former book club, Audrey, in the movie) and then went to Temple Square. The kids were out of steam by this point. (This is the picture of Abby throwing a tantrum because I won't let her climb on the statue.) My mom took Abby to the Gateway fountains while I fed Brit and then Abby and I took the train home. (The train is one of those great simple pleasures.)
That night we went to the aquarium. We love the aquarium and still have a pass.

We finished up the night on the trampoline. (It was so much fun, but unfortunately ended with a black eye.)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elmer said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I'm sad I didn't get to see you, but Audrey will be excited you recognized her in the video. :)

Bonny said...

It was awesome to see you. I wish it were longer.