Saturday, July 25, 2009

Resourceful

I remember when I was little (maybe 4) my parents told me to pick up some toys before going to bed. I gathered up a bunch of little toys and put them on a big tray and carried them into my bedroom to put them away. My dad told me I was "resourceful". I thought that that was a pretty big word that that I must be pretty neat.

Well, this week Abby also proved to be pretty resourceful (in her own sort of a way). She wanted to play with the basketball arcade thing while we were at Jumpin' Jacks (a place with bounce houses and big blow up slides). I told her that we didn't have the money to play the basketball game...so she took matters into her own hands.



In other news, here are a few things I love about Utah: Liberty Park, the cabin, pointing temples out to the kiddos, Pioneer Day, national parks and lots and lots of people. (What don't I love? 102 degree days.)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well if you don't like 102 degrees, it's time to c'mon back to MI! It's been crazy weather here, nice and cool! Excited to have you back!

Nurse Heidi said...

That is stinkin' hilarious! It's exactly something that Katie would do...

Nurse Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Alicia said...

What a funny little thing she is! It was so great seeing you guys and thanks for making a stop at our Pioneer Day parade. We miss you guys and it's fun visiting again! PS-I'm with ya on the 102 degree day boycott. I moved out of Phx to get away from the heat. Oh well, I suppose it will cool down soon enough and then I'll be wishing for the warmth again.

Bonny said...

That is so cute. It was so great to see you again. Sorry it wasn't more. New baby, I hope you understand. :)