Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacations within a vacation

Last Sunday, Abby drove with grandma and grandpa to IF. She had a great time. She has told me lately that cows are her favorite animal so the trip to the dairy was a highlight. (And with a pink poodle purse from grandma, it is bound to be a hit.)On Tuesday, Briton and I joined them. It was fun to visit with Mike's parents and both his sisters. Thanks for some very nice days.

On Thursday, the kids and I drove into Yellowstone (yeah!). On that first day I learned that I am not a supermom and that I cannot do Yellowstone by myself with an infant and a toddler. (I tried, but was not terribly successful.) Once we met up with family, it was fantastic. Yellowstone is my magical place. We spent the weekend there with my parents, three sisters and families, a couple aunts, uncles and cousins.

My sister takes great pictures and she captured the highlight of Abby's trip well.
We love bear watching. This is Briton watching (actually there really was a grizzly bear we were looking at).Ranger AbbyAbby and Jack were the designated reverence children apparently:)
Kids are very patient geyser gazers. (They really did do well, even when we had to wait ~45 minutes.)Thanks for viewing - and go to Yellowstone!

PS I just noticed that in all of these pictures (representing a full week) Abby is wearing only two different shirts. Yes, we've been doing laundry and, yes, she has others.

1 comments:

Nancy said...

We were going to go to Yellowstone 2 weeks ago but hotels are sooo expensive at this time of year. I have been there twice and was able to stay in a friend's cabin (but that was a looooong time ago). I am also scared of the bears. Hopefully we will get there someday though. Did you guys drive to Utah? I was just wondering how long of a drive that is.

Sounds like you are all having a fun summer.