Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

This weekend we went camping with 3 other families from our branch at the property of another branch member. It was a lot of fun and the setup was great. The panorama distorted the shape and size of the campground, but you get the idea. The property is wooded, very pretty and only 35ish minutes from home. The food, company and weather were great.

Last night we went to see fireworks at the St. John's City Park. For a small town, the display was impressive. A few things we learned:

1. All the debris we found out our blanket after the show might be an indication that we were sitting too close.
2. Briton was enamored by the lights. He sat like this the entire time.


Pre-fireworks he was subjected to nonstop tickling by his mother (who has curly hair in MI).
3. We might have pushed Abby a bit over the weekend. This is how she looked for the first 5 minutes. The next picture shows how she looked the remainder of the display.


We also learned that: Marinda and Briton only look like they have chicken pox (thanks to the mosquitos) and that long pants and jackets are common attire around here on the 4th in the evening. (Hopefully Utah can stay kind of cool for the next little bit. I am not missing the 90s and 100s.)

We'll see many of you soon:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katrina said...

This post was so cute! Those pictures seriously made me lol. I'm glad you had a good holiday.

Nancy said...

It sounds like you live in a very fun place. I have always wanted to live in a small town. Felipe graduates next year so we will see where we end up.

I just caught up on your blogs. I liked your interview with Abby. I think I will try that with my kids.