Monday, July 13, 2009

A whirlwind

Mike and I have commented that it is kind of strange to be tourists in one's own home town. You don't have to ask for directions anywhere. Nothing is really new, but instead you get to pick out all your favorite destinations (so you're seldom disappointed). You get to go to all your favorite restaurants all at once. There are places to stay and tons of people to see. More than anything, it just feels a bit different to be on vacation in a place that is so incredibly familiar.

The past five days have truly been a whirlwind. We've done so much. It has been a lot of fun! I think that tomorrow will be a down day.

Friday morning Mike and I went to the temple. It was not a 6 hour excursion. I don't mind the 6 hour plan (it usually involves eating out and Costco), but there is something to be said for the 15 minute convenience factor, too. We went to Draper. Then we met up with both families for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It is a neat temple with some unique design features. I liked it.

We had a picnic in the canyons with my family where Grandma Marva helped Abby roast marshmallows and Brian terrorized my baby.
Saturday we visited my Grandma Marva and my Grandma and Grandpa Ray and Ellen. (This is also the time frame when we went on a tour of our old house. Their remodel is awesome and somehow they have accomplished in 6 months what we never came close to doing in 8 years - they have completely eliminated the morning glory from the grass. Now if I could just get rid of all the clover in the yard back home.)

We attended a baby shower/family pool party for Bekah. We are excited for her little one to make his appearance and enjoyed seeing everyone. (This was Briton's first real time in the pool, I think.)
We ended the day with a very nice visit to Mary and Frank's.
Today we attended church in our favorite Salt Lake area ward. (It was wonderful to see everyone.) This evening was full of festivities for this delicious one-year-old. Happy birthday to Miles!

2 comments:

M. Nelson said...

I LOVE Utah! We cannot wait to visit again.

Did you try to call us Sunday? If it was you and you are trying to reach us you were calling the right number, we just happened to be on a walk at the time and missed it.

Bobbe and Boyz said...

Hello,
I wonder why you don't have The Moore Family on your list?