Saturday, August 22, 2009

Overload

I am very grateful for my kids. Here is a bit about what we have been doing lately. It might be a picture overload...

In a couple weeks our branch is going canoeing. We borrowed a canoe tonight to try out the logistics of keeping a baby afloat in a canoe. It went rather smoothly. He sat in the car seat with his life jacket. The entire time he had the "what on earth have you done to me" expression on his face (and the binkie very firmly inserted). We canoed a mile up and back to the "downtown" of our town. It is very pretty.

This weekend was our town's annual Ox Roast. There were no oxen involved so far as we can tell.We had a lot of fun - traditional carnival rides, a great parade, funny games like frog jumping and tractor pulls and fireworks (that we didn't stay up for). And we fed the baby a popsicle...

At the parade I couldn't get Abby to pose for a picture. (I think she was afraid she'd miss some candy.) I told her to show me how she could spin around and sneakily took the picture. I thought it turned out pretty well. We have some friends that live on the parade route so we were able to enjoy the parade on their lawn with lots of friends.

The other day Abby announced to me that she was going to the temple. This was her outfit. I loved it! She looked very cute. She kept telling me she had to take the red paper to the temple to get married. I am not sure what the paper was for. (I tried my hardest but couldn't get out of her who the lucky guy was.)

Here is a little bit on how my kids sleep. It doesn't vary much from night to night. This is Briton's favorite pose and Abby's favorite location.
This week we accompanied 7 other moms and their kiddos to the beach (Lake Michigan). It was the perfect day and the water was 74 degrees. Earlier this year when we visited it was in the high 50s. I love Lake Michigan!

Here was Briton's first airplane ride and Abby's gazillionth.
This is one of Abby's top choices in accessories: curling ribbon. We do belts, headbands and bracelets (lots and lots of bracelets). She is very creative and girly.


Posted by Picasa
There you have it. We are doing well. We're happy and healthy and grateful for many things - like I said at the beginning of the post, we are so happy with our kids and the way they brighten our lives. They are wonderful and they make us so proud. I watched a beautiful funeral online (isn't technology amazing) today. I am heartbroken that my friends had to say goodbye to their sweet daughter, but grateful for the testimonies and the spirit that was shared at the funeral. I felt uplifted and my faith was strengthened. Isn't it wonderful to be able to say, "Families are forever" and know that is isn't just wishful thinking or something nice to hope for. It is real and we can all know it for ourselves!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was fun to see what you've been up to! Still bummed I missed the beach trip! So sorry to hear about your friends loss. That is heartbreaking.

Haley said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Cute pic of kids sleeping. Paige and Tessa sleep the same way as Briton, with hands up. So cute!

Bonny said...

Hey that was too bad of an overload. I've done worse. Glad you are having fun. We used to have fun when it was only 2 kids :)