Saturday, June 6, 2009

Seven Somethings

1. I love Hawk Island Park! We had a great time (6 moms and 8 kids) yesterday morning. Abby was having too much fun to pose for a picture, but you can get the idea. Before playing in the Splash Pad, we walked the trails around the park (beautiful wooded areas) and played in the fancy accessible playground. (It's similar to the cool playground in Cedar City that we have stopped at a few times.)


2. We had so much fun that I took Mike back last night. Our friends were going to be watching Abby and we didn't have date plans set in stone so we borrowed their jogging stroller and roller bladed through the park. It was so nice! (And the stroller was great. Briton was strapped in and safe and I felt much more stable having the stroller to push.)

3. Our friend posted these pictures on her blog of what Abby was doing without us. Her little boy, Liam, is very sweet and happy and they have a lot of fun together.


4. Abby has some great little friends and I adore all of them! When we moved here we were very hopeful that Abby would make some cute little friends like she had in Utah. It has happened!

5. Tonight we had dinner at the home of some branch members with another branch family and the missionaries. We had a great time and you should have heard Briton laughing. He was so cute. We aren't quite sure what he was looking at but for a good 10 minutes or so (or maybe not, but it was a long time) he just laughed and laughed and laughed.

6. Also yesterday - Abby pulled out her tricycle and started pedaling! She just pedaled and pedaled and pedaled. Way to go! She has been starting to get the hang of it, but yesterday was the real thing!


7. Today I rode my new bike for the first time! Mike fixed the flat tire and adjusted the seat for me. I am very excited about it. Also, Mike found a $5 child's bike seat at a garage sale that he attached to his bike. He took Abby for a ride and she loved it. (We think Brit is still a bit too little for that one.) I am really hoping that the weather stays so gorgeous and pleasant (I know, I know, the humidity is coming) because maybe I can stay motivated to be active, exercise and work and play outside past spring!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

That splash pad looks like so much fun!

Shana said...

I'm so glad you are having a fun time and have found some friends. I'm sure they aren't as cool as us, but will do! :o) That park looks sooo awesome! I'd feel more comfortable there than at Liberty Park. Also, so impressive with Abby pedeling. We're trying to get Cooper to do it, but he's lazy. Hopefully in the next month or so. Maybe if I tell him Abby is doing it, he'll do it! Excited to see you this summer!

Monica Mary said...

I just bought a bike too! I got a gel seat cover too... so necessary! So fun!

Miss you!

Stephanie said...

We had a great time Friday too. What a great idea to go there for a date. I've lived here how long, and haven't even done that! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new bike!