Thursday, June 11, 2009

Abby quotes

Abby says so many funny things. She cracks me up all day.

She loves to say, "That's sooooooooo special!" She's been experimenting with different adjectives. This morning I told her something we were going to do today and she said, "That's sooooo [pause, think of a good word] darlin'!" She called me her darlin' the other day. I am not sure where she picked it up but it is really cute.

She is a phenomenal singer. Her memory is really good. The other day in the car this is the song I heard, "I often go walking in meadows of clover and do what missionaries do." She may be on to something. Last night Mike had to go up to the church. The kids and I tagged along. I was making some copies in the library and asked Mike where Abby was. This is how I found her:She had a little songbook and was singing. Over and over she sang, "When Mary went to Bethlehem I think she took great care..." (The song is actually about Joseph, but she got the words pretty darn close.)

Her prayers are also changing up a bit. For several months every prayer was thanks for the food and bless Leo. (And Leo got to come home last week. Yeah!!!) She's gotten pretty good about blessing her family. Here are some other good ones from the last couple days:

  • Please bless us to get to the library safely.
  • Please bless daddy to get his teeth clean.
I think that Mormons come programmed to pray for safe driving. Please don't think that the second comment says anything about my husband's oral hygiene.

Yesterday when we called Abby for dinner, she informed us she was dressed for Halloween:

1 comments:

Kristi said...

So cute. I love hearing the prayers of children!