Sunday, June 28, 2009

A bit of our week

Here are a few things to report on:

My computer got fixed! Thanks, Mikey!

Abby likes to tell us stories about when she was a little girl. Interesting, I know.

Mike has told her "When I was a little boy..." stories and she will periodically ask me to tell her stories about when I was little. Now in the car she'll start sentences, "When I was a little girl..." Tonight at bedtime she told Mike to come into her room so that she could tell him a story. Most of the time the stories go something like this: "When I was a little girl, I held a veeeeeeeeeeeery pretty snake purple." I think this is reminiscent of the snake she held at a state park visitor center and the snake Mike found in our yard.

Really I suppose that it isn't too much of a surprise that she tells us stories about when she was a little girl because she has a memory like no other. Today when I referred to my sister Tami, she told me that she wanted to go to Tami's house because that is where she saw Spiderman who gave her fruit snacks and Spiderman stickers. She's right. He came to her cousin's birthday party back in December. Like I said, she has a memory like no other.

Going back to "in the car", Abby is extremely talkative in the car. She talks, asks questions and sings non-stop. Very cute.

Abby is a very energetic little girl. She gets very excited about lots of things: daddy coming home from work (that is a huge one), seeing her friends, bike rides, etc. Her enthusiasm and energy are such fun parts of her personality, but do make Sacrament Meeting a bit of a challenge. (Last week I ended up feeding Briton during Sacrament Meeting and Abby sat with some branch members while I was out. Ahhh...the peace.)

We went to the zoo again. Our Tracy Aviary pass expires on Tuesday so we needed to get in another trip. (Maybe we'll go again Tuesday, too.) There is a lion in this picture. He was king of the big rock.
Yesterday we went to the park with a pizza and then went out for ice cream. This is Abby's "Play Dough" ice cream.
Briton must really be a big boy now because he rode in the swing all by himself and loved it! He is such a joy to be around. He's started grabbing at some toys on a little mat thing he has and it seems to have opened up a new world to him. He loves to smile and does it very well.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jared & Melisa said...

What a cute family! Thanks for having us over for dinner we really enjoyed visiting with you guys and getting to know you. We are excited to be part of this branch.

Becky said...

Briton is getting so big! It is amazing how much they change in the first year. We are really excited to see you in a few weeks!

Borland family said...

Have fun with all the questions from Abby;)Andrew's the SAME way!There are times though when I really don't have the patience for ALL of hisquestions, it just seems like every time I give him an answer, all it does is lead to another question.It is fun though and I'mglad he's so inquisitive.
P.S. tell Mike that Brannick got married and there's a linkto their blog on my page.

Stephanie said...

Skyler has a ridiculous memory too. One time we drove by a dollar store that we had gone to at least a month before for the first time, and she informed me that that was the store we bought her nightlight at!