Saturday, January 24, 2009

An update for my grandma and others who'd like to read it...

I haven't been blogging a lot lately--didn't really feel that I had a whole lot to say, but then I found out that my grandma is checking the blog so I just had to update. (And I realized that there were a couple fun things we could write about:)

First things first, our Santa Fe is still in Salt Lake City. Enough said. You can imagine how we feel about that.

In other news...

Meet Sadie. She is the newest member of our family. We love her dearly. When you ask Abby what her name is, she'll tell you Sadie, but usually she is referred to as "baby". Baby goes places with us, takes naps (we must be quiet while she is sleeping) and most recently she has begun to need diaper changes. (I just need to intercept clean diapers being thrown away that Abby has worked on "changing".)Abby loves dad's key card from work. She'll pull on it from his belt as soon as we get out of the car after bringing him home.

(I was about to say as soon as he walks in the door, but that wouldn't be too accurate because by the time he walks in the door, we've already been together for a 1/2 hour because we pick him up every day because our Santa Fe is in SLC, but that, as you know, is another story.)

She calls the card his "one more time" because she is always asking if she can do it just "one more time". Now she gets to wear it on special occasions.Today some of our new friends from the branch invited us to go to the State Historical Museum. It turned out that today was MI statehood day and so they had some fun "extras" (like birthday cake) going on. Abby and I enjoyed ourselves.

A quilter in training...Yes, we can... (didn't I hear that sometime this week?)
Mom and Abby taking a trip through the country... Dancing to Motown (several of the record covers in the background were of Aretha Franklin - she wasn't wearing the hat)

5 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Are they still blaming the Santa Fe on the Hudson? What a pain!

I love Abby dancing Motown. So cute!

Bonny said...

So cute. Its hard to believe you are really there :) We need an update on you and the baby. How are you?

Lizzy said...

That museum looks like alot of fun! I love the picture of Abby's face in the cutout, I have a t-shirt of that same picute (minus Abby of course :-)

Andrea said...

I am glad that you updated! It is good to see that you guys are still having fun despite the cold weather!!!! We have a little baby that Aliya love too, she is not old enough for diaper changed yet, but that is really cute!

Amanda said...

What a hassle it is to get your car. I hope it gets there soon. Sounds like you are making yourselves right at home in your new town. I love all the pictures of Abby, She has such a personality.