Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Birthday

The plan on my birthday was to go out to lunch with my mom and grandma. When we got to grandma's house to pick her up, my dad's car (along with several others) was suspiciously in the driveway. It turned out my parents had invited all of the not at work relatives over to grandma's house for a birthday/bye-bye lunch. It was really nice - lots of female relatives (3 grandmas, all 3 sisters, a few aunts and several cousins) and a couple male relatives (but not my brother). It was very nice. Here are a couple pictures to show that I am really pregnant and that my face shows it:)

...with my sisters
...with my grandmas

Here is Abby with her cousins on my side. (As you can see, not all eyes were on the camera.)

Abby might miss this doll from Grandma's house as much as anything else.

That night some of us went to the U. gymnastics meet. It was a tough fight but they triumphed. We went to the new Murray Rubio's for dinner. (I am a bit bothered that the grand opening for a Rubio's less than a mile from my house had to be the day before I moved - even if it was on my birthday!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shana said...

Glad it was a good one! I saw that Rubio's the other day and go sooooo excited!!!! I'll think of you when I eat there! :o)

Bonny said...

How nice you got to see so many people before you left. You look great, so shush about your face and looking prego. Glad you had a birthday

jbow said...

Fun to see pics of your family. What a fun surprise for you. I LOVE the last pic of Abby....adorable! Jai-Dee

jbow said...

Yes I know I already commented but that was before I read Mike's post. Seriously, how awesome is he?! What wonderful things he had to say about you. I loved reading it, what a tribute to you. Way to go Mike!!