Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Me (and baby brother)

Bonny asked in a recent comment how baby brother and I are doing. Nothing to exciting to report, but here's a little update...

As long as the little guy doesn't show up sometime in the next 5 hours (January 28th), this will be the farthest I have made it in a pregnancy. Hope was five weeks early and Abby was this early. (I think that makes 18 days.)

There is not a lot going on. We see the doctor every week--usually on Tuesdays, if you're interested to know that kind of thing. Dilating and effacing, so progress, yes.

We did, however, tell the doctor that as much as I'd rather not be pregnant, we really need to hold off at least until Friday because I'm not interested in having the house closing postponed (and I think I do need to show up to put my little initials on several trees worth of paper).

Holding off another week after that would be even better - moved into the house, new insurance kicked in, mom here to hang out with Abby, etc., etc.

***And for your reading enjoyment, please be advised that the Santa Fe is no longer in Salt Lake. I am not quite sure exactly where it is, but I trust that it is getting closer to here and farther from there!

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Thank you! I know Abby was fine as are many other early babies, but I always feel like you should give them the chance to progress as much as possible if they'll wait. Having said that, I understand not wanting to be pregnant any longer than you have to. I hope he waits for the house signing. Maybe they'd all come to the hospital :) Good luck!

Strong Family said...

I'm glad all is going well with you guys and the baby. And I understand about the whole waiting game with the baby. Nathan told me I couldn't have the baby until he did this really important all day training thing at work, I went into labor that night. I think somehow that he just knew when it would be okay to come. I hope your little guy does too.