Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday, Mike!

Happy birthday to our favorite daddy. Here he is reading with Abby and her cousin.

Today is Mike's 30th birthday. I did a little hubby questionnaire all about him. I love you, Mike!

1. Where did you meet your husband?
At a Stake FHE when we were both attending University Student Wards

2. How long did you date?
7 1/2 months

3. How long have you been married?
It will be 5 years in March

4. What does he do that surprises you?
Lots of things - he is really good to do dishes or laundry without being "hinted" at. Once he made plans to go snowboarding with some friends and when he got halfway to the ski resort he turned around and came back so that he could spend the day with me! That surprised me, but it is definitely true to his character!

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I love his smile and dark hair.

6. What is his best quality?
He is very patient and extremely rarely gets upset.

7. Does he have a nick name for you?
Not really, but does call me "honey" a lot.

8. What is his favorite food?
He is very un-picky and will eat just about anything.

9. What is his favorite sport?
His knees don't let him participate in a lot of sports, but he does love snowboarding and enjoys watching U. football and Jazz games.

10. When and where was your first kiss?
Our first kiss was in a little canyon close to my family's cabin over Labor Day weekend.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We love to take vacations and road trips.

12. Do you have children?
2 girls and a boy on the way

13. Does he have hidden talents?
Mike is very compassionate. He reaches out to everyone and always strives to make others feel included.

14. How old is he?
30 years old today!

15. Who said I love you first?
He did! We took a drive up in Lamb's Canyon and stopped to sit by a pretty stream...

16. His favorite music?
Right now--Christmas music. Other than that, he's pretty eclectic.

17. What to you admire most about him?
As I already mentioned, I love how he reaches out to so many people. I also admire his ability to keep his cool, be patient and not get upset.

18. What is his favorite color?
Blue

19. Who eats more?
I actually think that I do (especially when I am pregnant). He is a healthier eater!

20. Who sings better?
I think that I probably do, but it is something that he really works at!

21. Who is smarter?
Mike. (I take pride though in knowing that we got the same ACT score in high school.)

22. Who does the laundry?
We both do (especially with Mike home so much now). I am really good at starting it and he is better at finishing it up!

23. Who does the dishes?
We both do.

24. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Mike

25. Who pays the bills?
That is a complicated question. Mike pays the bills that are not on auto pay. I maintain the day-to-day budget.

26. Who mows the lawn?
Mike does. He tells me he likes to.

27. Who cooks dinner?
I do nearly always. He does on occasion. He's a good cook.

28. Who drives when you are together?
Most of the time Mike does.

29. Who is more stubborn?
Me

30. Who asked who out first?
Mike did. He got my phone number at the FHE activity and called me a couple days later.

31. Who is more sensitive?
I think that we are both pretty sensitive in different ways.

32. Who has more siblings?
I have 4. He has 3.

33. Will he read this?
Eventually yes:)

5 comments:

Developed Memories Photography said...

Happy Birthday Mike! It is Halli's birthday today too! Funny thing, I created my album in facebook right before reading this, and when I read the header for it I thought it was funny cause my album name is "happy happy birthday halli dear" like the primary song, and your header is "happy happy birthday mike" hahaha.

M. Nelson said...

If Randal were the one typing this comment, he'd probably make mention of some Zars birthday tradition. I'll be sure to have him read your blog tonight. In the mean time--Happy Birthday, Mike!

Borland family said...

Happy Birthday Mike! 30 years! WOW!! Are we really that old? I still remember playing in your backyard with the little swimming pool and breaking it...oops. Those were the good ol' days right?

Bonny said...

I'm late, but Happy Birthday Mike. Its sweet to read those. It gives us wives a good reminder of why we love our hubbies so much. :)

AbiAnn said...

Happy Birthday Mike!

The picture of baby boy is AMAZING, I only have a profile fuzzy pictures of my kids and that was just two years ago. He sure is handsome. :D