Monday, November 24, 2008

Traditions

One of my favorite holiday traditions is that every year my family cuts down Christmas trees from the property surrounding our cabin (we know the property owners:). It's so nice to have a fresh, nice smelling tree in my house! So that I don't feel guilty misleading you all, though, I must admit that I stayed behind in the cabin this year while several of the others traipsed around on the mountain. (I'm pregnant, right?) Here are a couple shots from this year's journey:

3 comments:

Strong Family said...

Fun. I love the smell of christmas trees. A couple of years ago we decided having a real tree was too hard with kids and babies. Too many pine needles, and always having to make sure it has enough water. So we got a fake. I love it, but I miss the smell. Some day when our kids are older will get a real one again.

Ryan and Alicia said...

What a fun tradition. Good idea to stay back and hold the fort! Abby is such a doll!

Borland family said...

YEAH! Someone still does it! We have resorted to a fake one with lights already attached. Ask Mike if he remembers going as a branch in Miles City to cut trees and sleding behind a truck. Maybe he'll remember whose truck it was. Wow that was a LONG time ago! How's the job hunt?