Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I feel obligated...

...to share a good customer service experience. (I can be fairly critical of poor customer service so I owe the good experiences equal time.)

A week or two ago I bought a photo book from Snapfish. They were doing a big Oprah promotion where you could get the book for shipping only!!! Well, as you can imagine, the web site was fairly slow because I wasn't the only person on the planet taking advantage of the promo. Long story short, I had to reenter my credit card number twice because it didn't take the first time. They didn't charge me twice, but they did charge me full price when it actually went through--quite disappointing.

The book arrived (and my baby is as cute as ever in it). I really wanted my money back though.

I emailed.

They said something like, "Sorry you must have ordered the wrong book." (I don't think so.)

I called.

The recording said something like, "If our phone system doesn't throw you off beforehand, you'll be on hold for about an hour." (I hung up.)

I was sad, but happy to have a cute book?!?

Now the good part...

Today I was checking my credit card balances online and...they credited me $21.35 a day or two ago! Why? I am not really sure, but they really did, and that is fabulous!

So, I'm a fan. Thanks, Snapfish!

3 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

I'm jealous. I tried doing this too, but could never find what the code was to get the book for free. I did it within the time limit, but couldn't figure it out. I want to see what yours turned out like, because I'm still interested in doing one at my own cost.

Anne-Marie said...

This is one of the downfalls of the DVR. I watched this show several days after the promo ended. I love doing photobooks online!

(hey-your ticker is under the 100's! I always loved that)

Bonny said...

I did it too! I hate their site, and I've had trouble with their service, but they did fix it in the end. You got your book already? I was told I'd have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to be shipped.