Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Elections


So, I will throw in my two cents on the election results. Most of the candidates I voted for won, but a few key candidates didn't.

It's kind of weird though because in the past I have been very passionate about election results--getting very worked up about results that I "approved" or "disapproved" of, but tonight I'm not (except for the individual who beat my dad in a race a few years ago and it looks like he might lose his seat tonight--I'm feeling a bit smug about that).

My main thoughts:

I need to just pray for my leaders--old and new, regardless of party, and try to make my corner of the world a tiny bit better. We live in a great country and I am proud to be an American. I know that with our prayers and our efforts we can accomplish much.

Right now that is how I feel, but maybe tomorrow morning I'll wake up feeling differently--more upset about the upsets or giddy about the wins. We'll see.

By the way, Mike and I showed up at the polls at 6:55 this morning (woke the baby up to beat the rush). There was a pretty good line when we arrived, but by the time we left at 7:20ish the line was almost gone. Strange...I heard that the lines were quite short most of the day...nothing like the early voting lines (so I hear).

1 comments:

Bonny said...

Its funny, I'm only passionate about 1 race :)