Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sunday's Thoughts (from conference last week)

I overlooked posting these...

During President Eyring's talk in today's morning session, Abby said, "I like how President Eyring talks to me. Next time we go to his house, he will play with me." Interesting. Sweet and interesting. (I like the way he talks to me too.)

Elder Holland's talk was very powerful. Both Mike and I had our eyes glued to the screen. What a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I too know that it is a true book and a great source of power in my life. I pray that I will seek to share that testimony with others.

In other news, this was in our branch newsletter today. Soliciting a little help never hurts:
Sis. Bates wrote up a grant to win 20,000 dollars for the free dental clinic she works for. In order to win this grant, she needs to be in the top 5 for the most voted projects. To vote for her, go to tomsofmaine.com, click on vote next to the picture of the United States. Once there click on Health and scroll down till you find Care Free Medical and Dental and then vote for her. You can vote once a day on each internet browser.

1 comments:

amberjill said...

hahahah I love the branch newsletter call to action! That's hilarious!