Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bikes, binkies and more


I am sorry that I don't think I have much to say. (Well, I probably do have a few things to say, but not many pictures to show.)

This is our fun new bike trailer. Yes, the kids have helmets. They seems to like it, especially Abby. The straps were a bit too big for Briton so it wasn't until we got them properly adjusted that he also decided that he liked it. Another garage sale success story!

Abby is doing very well in potty training. When my friend Stephanie from the branch potty trained her daughter she posted that not only do the little girls and boys deserve the congrats, but that the moms do too! I agree. Once we really committed ourselves to it, it wasn't too bad, but the lead up...that was pretty tough on us. (How well is she doing? She is in panties at home all the time and in diapers while she sleeps and sometimes when we go out, depending on the destination and the duration. Oh, and I don't have to remind her to go potty. She does it all on her own. Yeah!)

Abby sleeps with her binkie. (For anyone keeping track, we did take it away from her several months ago but decided it wasn't worth the sadness it was causing her a couple months later.) The last week or so she has woken up at 3am-ish crying out that she can't find her binkie. We go upstairs, find it, give a hug and she's back to sleep. It is a pretty easy process, but not our favorite time of day to be up. Last night we told her that we'd put an extra binkie on her desk so that if she lost her binkie she'd know where another was. She replied, "Or I can say a prayer to find my binkie." Excellent idea! This morning (after a sleep filled night for all/most of us) she woke up and told me that the binkie was lost but that she had just said a prayer. I decided to build on this one and went upstairs to help her quickly find the binkie. She was so excited. We said a "thank you" prayer together. I was so proud of her for praying on her own when she needed help. (Incidentally, a hour or so later as I was searching unsuccessfully for my cell phone, I took a lesson from my 2-year-old. And, you know what? I found the cell phone.)

By the way, I turned the heat on yesterday. I think I'll miss this beautiful summer weather.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Heat?!

Ack! We might need that tomorrow. We'll see. Today was hot.

I say let her have the bink. Kanoa had his until he was 3 1/2. Just for naps & bedtime though. The binky fairy finally exchanged it for some loot & candy. He obliged peacefully.

By the way...no teeth problems, his speech was perfect etc. etc.

Haley said...

Good for Abby! So cute. What a good girl. It's finally cold today. We went from 90ish yesterday to 50ish degrees today. Gotta love our weather. We have 2 seasons: hot and cold :) We bought our tickets for Christmas! We'll be there almost 2 weeks. Can't wait to see you guys.