Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some (Long) Stories of our Week - starting with today

This was part of our morning. Homemade bubbles. We had lots of fun, but they were pretty messy. (I suppose that bubbles always are with a 2 year old.)

The background of this picture though shows what we have really been doing today. It's going OK. It could be better, but also could be much, much worse. (And she's happy, at least.)
A few days ago, Abby built this swimming pool in our living room. (She has also started rolling her socks in a similar fashion.) Her imagination is so fun. She told me where the stairs were and we got to jump in. Here are a couple exchanges:

A - "Get in, mom. The water isn't too deep."

A - [After she got in, she had a look of surprise when she said this] "Mom, there is sand in here. It is like the beach!"

M - "Do you want to keep playing in your swimming pool while I go and take my shower?"
A - "Yes, you need to go wash all the sand off you."

A - "Mom, the water is cooled off. It is warm."


On Tuesday, Abby had her first day of preschool. (It will be Joy school-esque). We had so much fun. Briton and I hung out as helpers. Next week we get to be the "teachers". The kids are great! Here she is with our neighbor who is in her little class.

On Saturday, our branch went on a canoe trip. Both the kids came out dry (as did we). It is such a pretty river.

Finally, we really like MSU's farms. (We need to go more often.)

Here is a photo essay of Abby warming up to a horse.
Briton is very happy just to have a sock in his mouth. (I appreciate how easy it is to keep him content - the cute little cocked to the side cap doesn't hurt either:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Borland family said...

CUTE! I love seeing your kids grow up! Mike and I went to a joy school of sorts together. I remember it being A LOT of fun. I'm hoping to get Ben in one next year.

Unknown said...

you have such cute kids!