Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stake Conference

Stake conference was nice. Here are a few random thoughts:

  • How does it happen that a Utah girl (the Facebook quiz I took told me I was 75-100% Utahn) walk into a stake conference session and think Wow, look at all the Mormons? I guess I have gotten accustomed (very quickly) to my cozy little branch. Stake conference seemed really big.
  • We had a broadcast from Salt Lake. The Stake Presidency didn't know who'd be speaking. (Hence, neither did we.) This morning at breakfast we told Abby that at church today we'd watch a movie with one of the apostles. While she looked at her chart she's been practicing, I said, "Maybe it'll be President Packer or Elder Perry or Elder...." She decided it was Elder Perry. I said, "Maybe. Or maybe it'll be Elder...." "No," she told us, "Elder Perry." On the way to the stake center, the same. To be honest, Mike and I weren't too surprised when the broadcast started and who was sitting on the podium? Yep, Elder Perry. President Monson also spoke!
  • During the first speaker Abby, who was sitting on the other side of Mike, started talking in a non-whisper voice. Not having heard what she said (but I did hear that the speaker was defining hearken - to listen and obey) I did the obligatory, "Shhh, Abby." Mike smiled and whispered to me, "I have a hard time shhh-ing her when she's saying that he is talking about obeying." Yeah, we can give her a pass on that one.
Great weekend and great meetings. I am grateful for the parts that were especially for me!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hmmm, we did an FHE on obeying last week but my daughter was swinging and spitting at me during Stake Conference. What the heck am I doing wrong??? :)

Bekah and Lance said...

Oh the wisdom of little children! :)