Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bloggers Block

I've had some blogger's block lately, but here are a couple things I am happy to post.

I discovered garage sales this past weekend. I went with some girls from the branch to a couple subdivision wide sales. Those things are gold mines. Do they do those in Utah? I mean the subdivision ones. I know they do garage sales, but I never got into them there. It seemed to hard and hit and miss. (Bike + Exersaucer + Rocking horse + Scooter + Filing cabinet + Books, game and videos = $54)Here is a picture of us and Hope's yummy birthday cake. Abby decorated it. She was very proud, but a bit confused when I told her we were making a cake for Hope's birthday. She started asking if Hope would come eat it. We talked about it for a while and she concluded that "Hopey eat cake in heaven."Tonight we went and had a little picnic at the township cemetery (so pretty - lots of trees like the SLC cemetery) in honor of our picnic tradition for Hope's birthday. Thursday was way too windy. It was a bit chilly, but very peaceful.The other day Mike and I were downstairs in the living room while Abby was upstairs. We became intrigued when she kept enthusiatically repeating, "Bubbly, bubbly, bubbly mirror." She was having so much fun and it was pretty cute (albeit soapy and very wet).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job on those garage sales! You got some steals and that rocking horse is the cutest! It took me a while to get into it too but I can home with some awesome stuff. I couldn't believe what a BIG deal they were--people had trucks and trailers and we hauling away the neighborhoods!

Julie Williams said...

You got some awesome things at the yard sales--great job!

Developed Memories Photography said...

its funny you posted about Hope today, and Abby wondering if she was going to come eat her cake, because there is a blog that i follow pretty regularly, and when i read the post on there today, for some reason i thought of you. its a photographer in australia who lost a child, although its a quite different situation from your guys, i still found myself thinking of you guys while reading it. anyway... here it is, if you're interested in reading. you might cry, beware hahaha.

http://sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/2009/05/knowing/

The Moore Family said...

This is a very fun post! I love the heaven cake idea, very creative:)

Nancy said...

That scooter is great! I usually look at DI here in Utah before garage sales but it is hard to really grab a good find. I loved your last post too.