Saturday, October 25, 2008

News

Most of you already know our little “situation” of late. For those of you who don’t…here it is…

Mike’s job has been great! He’s worked with great people and had fun being involved with a small startup pharmaceutical company. He got his hands into many different projects. One of his main interests for his career is the design and construction of pharmaceutical facilities. He certainly wanted to help his company with a large facility, but not knowing when that would happen, he’s been looking for a new job for some time now. He really picked up the pace a month or two ago.

Then…a few setbacks hit the company (pretty much all unrelated, but all at the same time—not good) and they needed to do layoffs! Last Wednesday 70% of the company was laid off. Huge! It was really sad and we felt bad for all involved. Unfortunately, we are unemployed. Fortunately, we had already started the process of finding a new job. We consider ourselves very blessed to have been prepared in this way.

So now Mike is searching full time. We have some excellent leads and prospects. Unfortunately, none so far are in Utah (as anticipated). We expect to be moving within the next few months:(. We’ll miss home here, but look forward to new opportunities and adventures!

A couple thoughts:

  • If you know anyone who might want to buy our house (with the plan that we’ll live here until we leave…within reason), have them give us a call.
  • We have the chance to renew our AWESOME University of Utah gymnastics season tickets before Oct. 31. If you want them, let us know (otherwise we’ll just let them go). It will cost $65 for the two. There are six meets (January through March) and the seats are very good. I will miss them:(

8 comments:

amberjill said...

that is so exciting!! I mean, I'm sure unemployment isn't so fun, nor does it give you a sense of securtiy, especially while preggo, but the opportunities out there are huge!! walter is in the process of applying for jobs all over the place. we will most likely end up in the south, probably Georgia area. So, as the uncertainty can be daunting, the options are huge!! Good luck with everything. i might be by myself in this, but change is good and can be fun!! good thing we have blogs so we can ALWAYS keep in touch!

Borland family said...

Good luck with everything. I hope you find something soon. I know the lord will take care of you. You will be in our prayers. Do you have any leads so far?

Shana said...

Oh, I know everything happens for a reason and I know we almost moved.... but now that it is almost certain for you, I am so sad. What's Cooper going to do without seeing his girlfriend every week? It breaks my heart. It's been so fun doing things with you so much. Of course we want what is best for your family, so you are in our prayers!!

Jared said...

We hope that Mike is able to find a job soon and that everything works out well for you. :) You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Her Grace, Heidi, the Duchess of Kneale said...

Hope you find work soon, Mike. There is nothing wrong with moving out of Utah. How many of us have done so already? You go where there's work, especially during recessions.

Bonny said...

I hate to think you'll be leaving us, but I'll keep my ears open for someone to buy your house. Good luck. We're mostly in the same boat, you know.

Angie said...

Hey--Sorry to hear about the trials, but I know that your family will come through them swimmingly. Keep me updated on the move and such.

FYI, we bought the chicken at Macey's.

Haley said...

Oh, I'm so sad. Please don't move! :( I guess Shana and I can commiserate together...we'll miss you but you will love wherever you go, I'm sure. Keep us updated!