Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun, inside and free

Last Friday Abby and I went downtown. We didn't have any specific plans other than I needed to make a quick stop at the FH Library. Next door is the Church History Museum. It was cold outside and so indoors was appealing. I am sure that many of you have already discovered the museum and I certainly had pre-kid, but they had a fun little exhibit just for kids entitled I am a Child of God that Abby really enjoyed. She played with baby dolls, gave them bottles and changed their "nammies" (jammies) in a mock hospital nursery. She built temples with blocks (for not very long) and really liked coloring stained glass windows. They also had a little reading area, a few places to watch videos, other building things and a wall where you remove wooden pieces to reveal scripture stories. We stayed for 45 minutes or so which isn't very long, but was perfect for her. (She would've stayed longer.)

We also added to "fun and free" by parking on the street a few blocks away and taking the train (within the free fare zone:) to the library/museum (much easier than trying to park by Temple Square).

5 comments:

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

That's brilliant! We will have to try that!! Thanks for sharing!

Bonny said...

We love that museum, but I need to take them again. Its been a long time. So fun, huh?

Nurse Heidi said...

Hey that's a great idea! Definitely going on the list for winter entertainment.

Amanda said...

My kids love that exhibit, they are taking it down soon and I think they said it was the international art competition taking its place :(

The Wessman Family said...

I think I read that it comes down Jan. 2009 so...