Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Today is the real birthday.
Abby is 2!

Here are 10 things about Abby that I think are great:

1. Abby is a talker-and-a-half. Especially in the car, she can talk like no other and we love hearing her cute voice.

2. Abby has a ton of energy. She wears me out and doesn't sit on our laps for long but I love her exuberance and busy-ness.

3. She is very friendly. I am glad that she is social and enjoys talking to and meeting new people.

4. Abby loves to read. We spend lots of time with books and a common phrase is, "I need to read!"

5. Abby is quite a happy kid. We all have sad moments, but I am grateful that we can generally count on a big smile from our girl.

6. We think that she is very cute.

7. Abby likes reading the scriptures. She loves finding pictures of Jesus and Alma (her favorite Book of Mormon character) in her story book. (She also has a very exuberant "Amen" at the end of prayers!)

8. She is very fashion conscious. Sometimes it can be pretty hard to convince her to wear pants instead of dresses. I always love it when she tells me she likes my clothes and then proceeds to pick out shoes to match them.

9. She is quite the smarty pants. She counts to 4, knows several shapes and colors and is learning letters. I also laugh as we drive through the neighborhood and she tells me who lives in which house.

10. We love that she is ours forever!

Here are a few pictures of our day today (Wheeler Farm--I think I could just eat that little piglet up--not literally, cake, presents plus a visit to grandma):

(That is a smile.)

4 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Can't believe she's 2 already! I ran across some baby pictures of Abby the other day and I couldn't believe how much she has grown!

M. Nelson said...

Your daughter is adorable! I am so happy to hear you're expecting. I'm just as happy to learn you have a blog. Now we can keep in touch. Randal and I wish you the very best as your looking to relocate. I know things will work out great for you.

Bonny said...

She is just a doll. She reminds me a lot of Carlyn at that age. Isn't it fun seeing them grow and do new things?

Anne-Marie said...

Wow-two years old already! She is such a doll! I was sorry to read about Mike's job, but I know something great is around the corner for you guys.

(moving isn't too scary)