Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mildly disturbing conversation regarding health care costs

Mike: (reading the mail) So what surgery did Abby have on July 16th?

Marinda: Hmmm... (I like to be a fairly attentive mom so I am quite convinced that Abby DID NOT have surgery on July 16th) You've got to be kidding!!!! (As I now remember...) The doctor helped us take out a sliver!

Back up to July 16th:

So, the day before we left for Oregon, Abby woke up with a wicked cold. I took her in--just in case--since we'd be gone for the next 12 days. The doctor gave us the all clear on the cold and I said:

Marinda: While I'm here, can you help me get this big sliver out of her foot. She has been fighting it for a couple days.

Doctor: Sure, let me get my tweezers. (Doctor removes the sliver. Abby screams.) All done!

Yeah, the insurance paid $270 for that! Expensive tweezers...still like the doctor.

3 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

lol! that's pretty funny! i didn't know i could charge so much for taking out slivers, that could be a full time job! ;)

Bonny said...

NO WAY! I can't believe that. I should have been a dr. Yikes. I have a few of my own. Like don't go to the ER for a bone unless you KNOW its broken.

Jared said...

I guess I'm becoming the wrong kind of doctor. We love reading your blog. :)