Sunday, August 17, 2008

Flashback...to 2002

Note: I am well aware that this "Flashback Friday" is being posted on a Saturday. It was written on Friday. Does that count?

I've never done a flashback Friday, but I'm excited for this one! I loved the Olympics when they were here in Salt Lake. I had so much fun and would love for them to come back.

Here were some of my favorite things:

  • I went to four events - Nordic ski jumping (the morning after the Opening Ceremonies), a women's luge final event, the final curling match and a Paralympic hockey game as a chaperon for my school
  • My friends and I had an Opening Ceremonies party at Robyn's house
  • I went downtown to the Olympic festivities several times
  • I watched as much as I possibly could on TV
  • I went to a free concert/medals ceremony on a date
  • I did a ton of Olympics stuff with my Kindergartners (including leaving the TV on during school for the educational value:)
This is my brother and I at the ski jumping:


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bonny said...

Love it. We just went to 1 awards ceremony. Money was tight and it was freezing and awesome. I like your pic.

Anne-Marie said...

That was such a cool time to live in Salt Lake. I remember when my friends threw me a shower (we got married in march 2002) & a few had to leave early to make it to some venues.

Andrea said...

Cool flashback! i love all the things about Abby!
WE will see tomorrow at the family picnic!