Thursday, August 14, 2008

Abby-isms

When I am sitting barefoot, Abby will come up to me and wiggle one of my toes with a mischievous grin, saying, "Market, market!" (i.e. "This little piggy went...")
****
Abby has her own chore. She is responsible for cleaning the pine cones out of the driveway. I have to accompany her to help her "stay on task", but she is doing a great job and loves being a little helper.
****
The other day, Abby came across a pin cushion and took out a pin. I told her that it would give her an ow-ie--that she should put it back. Instead, she started gently pushing it against the sole of her foot (not to worry, no blood even close to being drawn) saying "Ow-ie, ow-ie". I realized she was putting the pin exactly where the infamous sliver had been. (She obviously remembered all we had been through to extract it.)
****
Abby's latest is dressing herself. This is a picture of her trying to put a one-sie on over her pajamas. She is actually getting a lot better at putting her pajama bottoms on! Amazing at all the things she is learning!

1 comments:

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

So cute! We can't wait to see you at the zoo!