Monday, July 14, 2008

My Big Helper

I think that my baby is so cute! (I think that your children are great as well, but my baby...she's amazing!)

So on Friday, Abby spilled a bit of water on the coffee table so I told her to go into the bathroom and get a tissue and wipe it up. She did it! I was so impressed and I praised her for a long time.

Tonight, I was on the phone and I turned to see Abby very intentionally dumping an entire water bottle onto the floor. (Yes, I recognize that it isn't too smart to allow access (i.e. outright give) a 20-month-old a water bottle, but water dries...no harm done.) Anyway, I get off the phone and go downstairs to get the mop. This is what I found when I came upstairs:...a very proud little girl, lots and lots of water and a very itty-bitty piece of tissue to clean it up (note the white spot in the middle of the picture). I couldn't help but laugh. She loves to be such a helper! It was so cute!

PS The picture wouldn't be complete without her trying on one of my shoes (different topic:)

2 comments:

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

That is so cute! We taught Tommy to throw away wrappers when he was done, I started to find everything in the garbage: shoes, toys, everything! When he was done with it, he would throw it away! Little kids are so funny! We love Abby!

Anne-Marie said...

What a cute little mess.