Thursday, July 24, 2008

Days 6 & 7 in Oregon

Life continues well for us! We are a bit chillier than all the Utah folk. (It's been in the 60s, but a welcome cooling off.)

Tuesday

  • Drove to Yaquina Head to see the tide pools
  • Came back to the beach house for lunch and naps
  • Went to the beach for a lovely afternoon (it had to be higher that the 60s--no wind and I was perfectly comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt--Abby loved the water but I promise that it is really cold)
  • Played Acquire after dinner (someone who's name starts with Mar- and ends with -inda won)
Wednesday
  • Mike, Kaye, Tim, Katie, Kalyn and I went on a whale watching boat tour - it was lots of fun and, yes, we saw whales (even if it was only momentarily)
  • Abby hung out with Grandpa, Bekah and Lance
  • Drove out to Yaquina Head again and went to some better tide pools with very pretty sea urchins
  • Returned to the beach house for lunch and naps (love the naps)
  • Went to the beach again
  • I finished The Wednesday Letters - lovely little book - I like the way it all came together at the end
  • Happy Birthday to my dad!

0 comments: