Sunday, April 6, 2008

From the Sunday Afternoon Session

Are many blessings greater than living prophets? I feel so blessed to have President Monson and others to guide us. Conference was wonderful and specific prayers of mine were answered. President Monson's closing comment seemed to epitomize so much:

I love you and pray for you. Please pray for me and together we will reap the blessings.

I absolutely loved Elder Ballard's talk. I needed to be uplifted as a mom. Here was his advice:
  • Recognize that the joys of motherhood come in moments.
  • Focus more on doing more and less on getting more done. (I don't know that I have that right, but there is an idea in my mind that makes sense and is comforting:)
  • Don't overschedule. Have unstructured time.
  • Find time for ourselves.
  • Pray, study and teach the gospel.

7 comments:

Bonny said...

Wow, Abby must not be as noisy as my kids. No matter the distractions I tried, I really didn't get to hear much of conference. Ug. I'll have to read it, but its not the same. I loved Elder Ballard's talk too. Its really the only one I got to hear except President Monson's. What a profound testimony you've always had. I appreciate it.

Bonny said...

P.S. he said focus more on doing and less on the doing.

Andrea said...

That was my favorite talk also!!! he was speaking right to me, i told Derik that I was going to print it off and highlight the part about husbands giving their wifes a whole day off (can you even imagine a whole day off?:)

The Wessman Family said...

As for Abby's conference behavior, she slept through half of both the morning sessions. Sunday we were at my parents so she had different surroundings to keep her entertained. She actually did pretty well!

Nancy said...

I loved that last session of conference - especially Elder Ballard's talk. I think it was exactly what I needed to hear. i loved President Uchtdorf's talk as well. Isn't the gospel wonderful!!!

Anne-Marie said...

I wish my kids slept through any of the sessions. Totally agree that I've also been digesting the "doing less" bit.

Lester Family said...

Marinda, I knew that you would have wonderful insight from conference. I have always looked up to your strength. your testimony, and your ability to share them both. Sister Tanner's and Elder Ballard's talks were very meaningful to me as well.