Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Today is our anniversary. It's been 4 years but seems like a lot longer (and I mean that in a very good way). It's hard to imagine life without our little family! I thought I'd share our "story" in honor of this day:

We met at a stake singles ward Family Home Evening (July 28, 2003). We were both attending University of Utah singles wards. It was a square dance. Mike saw me and asked me to dance. Later he came over and talked to me and got my phone number. I thought he seemed like a nice young guy, but really didn't think a lot about it. He called me the next day, but I was gone for three days (he probably didn't expect me to call back) before I called back. We went out for the first time on August 8th (dinner and donut falls with his former roommate and his girlfriend who it turned out I knew). I had a lot of fun (more than I expected) but it wasn't until our second date (two days later to a fireside) that I decided this was something to pursue. He invited me to a "group" assassination game up at the U that week and I actually invited him to go to St. George with some friends and I that weekend. Amazingly, he agreed to come, but I scared him a bit when I was a bit nervous driving down and had some problems with "speed control". (Later in the trip we ran out of gas on the freeway--whoops!) Anyway, he still liked me.
We decided to get married late September/early October (speedy) and got officially engaged on December 26th. We were at my parents cabin and went on a snowmobile ride. It was snowing. Mike stopped and suggested we take a picture. He set the timer on the camera and proposed. Fun!
We got married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on March 12, 2004. We had a reception the following day at my parents' church in Sandy and then left on our honeymoon to Tahiti/Moorea. Amazing place!! We had an open house in Idaho Falls the weekend we returned.
Here we are 4 years later. Life is great and it gets better every year. Mike is the greatest thing that ever happened to me and I love being married to him!

7 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Yea!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two!!

Dave Wessman said...

Happy anniversary to a great couple. I'm sure glad Mike found Marinda! I love having her in the family.

L said...

Congrats, you are still a gorgeous couple!

Bonny said...

Happy Anniversary. Has it really only been 4 years? It seems like you've been part of the ward much longer. Cute pictures!

Jen said...

I love the pictures and dating story! How fun :) The picture in the snow is priceless! You can just feel how happy you were.

Andrea said...

You make such a cute family!

Anne-Marie said...

You two are so perfect for eachother! Our anniversary is March 9th, but I think we've talked about our dates before.