Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Hinckley

I must write some sort of tribute to a man who has influenced millions of people and who has personally influenced me. From the moment I found out he had passed away, I thought about what kind of legacy President Hinckley had left for me. It wasn't hard for me to decide that what has always stuck out to me the most (and I think that he mentioned something along these lines pretty much every conference) is the need to reach out to others--especially outside our comfort zone--not just in an effort to spread the gospel, but to just be genuinely friendly and nice. That has been something I have tried to work on lately. President Hinckley was a master at this--reaching out and loving all, unconditionally and genuinely. I know that everyone will take varying things away from his ministry, but I just thought I'd share mine. I am so grateful that the Lord provides us with prophets for our time and for us!

My brother-in-law, Kevin, has been forwarding us links to various slide show and video tributes. I thought some of you may be interested. FYI--the first two are specific to his relationship to BYU. For those of us who are Cougars, it is a truly sentimental trip down memory lane!


BYU Slideshow 1
BYU Slideshow 2
Glenn Beck video tribute

0 comments: