Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference on Saturday

General conferences make for my favorite weekends. I am grateful for the focus they give me. Yesterday was kind of a rough day. I wasn't at the top of my game. Conference, however, was a bright spot and the afternoon session especially was just what I needed. (It was made better snuggling with a very peaceful baby.) A couple thoughts:
  • My favorite talk might have been Elder C. Cook who taught us that it is always better to look up. It reminds me of how far a simple yet sincere prayer or a few minutes in the scriptures can do on a downer day.
  • I love family history and I love Elder Bednar. Last night I opened some forgotten files and started looking for info on my 3rd great-grandfather's wife. Fun stuff!
  • Elder Andersen is also a favorite. My faith in and testimony of families was strengthened.
  • President Uchtdorf is always reminding us of who we are. Heavenly Father has such a different scale to measure the usefulness and worth of His children. Our value is limitless. Perhaps, if we could strive to feel that all the time we'd be limitless in our power to do good.
Those are a few of my thoughts. Today will be great.

0 comments: