Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thoughts about temples and missing Mike

Life is good. I went to the temple tonight for Stake Temple Night and it was great. We had a meeting as a stake before going on the temple session and I was excited to come home and write in my journal about what I can do to make the temple more meaningful in my life. It was a great meeting and I LOVE having a temple so close. It is truly a refuge.

Unfortunately, Mike couldn't come with because he is in Minneapolis. I hate it when he is gone, but this will be a quick trip. He'll be back on Thursday afternoon and he only left today. I can handle that, I think. Abby notices when he's gone, for sure. Tonight as I was making her dinner before leaving for the temple, she kept saying, "Daddy, soon, daddy, soon." I think that when I am usually making dinner I tell her that daddy will be home soon. Tonight I had to explain otherwise. I think that Mike missed her even more when I told him that little anecdote.

1 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

I'm excited to have temple so close to us now. We haven't been able to go, even though it's been open for 2 weeks, due to my work schedule but we're planning on it next week, I'm excited! Abby's just too cute for words! Her little Daddy, soon almost made me teary eyed. :)