Saturday, September 6, 2008

More Abby-isms

We drove past the Murray Cemetery the other day, (Hope is buried in the Salt Lake City Cemetery) and Abby called out "Hope!" when she saw all the headstones. Cute...

****
Disclaimer: Neither Abby or I consider myself political analysts...

The other day during a lapse in our breakfast conversation, I started the following conversation with my one-year-old:

Marinda
: So what do you think about this year's presidential election?
Abby: [very blank stare with her mouth full]
Marinda: So do you think McCain or Obama will win?
Abby: [with mouth very full] B-Cain [back to eating]

So there you have it...2 months early?!?!
****
Outside the other day, Abby called out "laun-lee, laun-lee". That is her word for laundry. I looked over and she was playing with her little lawn mower. Lawn mower...laundry...it works!
****
Abby loves to floss her teeth! LOVES IT! (Unfortunately, to the extent that she sometimes finds used floss in the bathroom trash can--pretty gross, I know! But I think it is fun that she likes it so much.) The past couple days floss has calmed her sad moments just as well as the binkie! Now, will I be brave enough to say "bye-bye" to the binkie? (Oh, probably not yet!)

2 comments:

Haley said...

Ok, this is hillarious! You have such a smart little girl. I can picture her singing those songs too. So cute!!! Keep her going on the floss and she'll never have cavities....

Jenn said...

She is so stinking cute I can't wait to get to know her better. We so have to keep doing things together