Saturday, June 11, 2011

The rest of our trip

We spent 3.5 days in Utah following the funeral. It was actually pretty laid back. We took it easy and didn't try to do everything. Sunday I attended my Murray Ward. I felt right at home. In Relief Society there was only one lady who had not been in the ward when we were there. (I believe there were several ladies serving in Primary or YW who I didn't know, but I found it kind of fun that RS had barely changed.) After church Hannah and I headed up to the cemetery and spent some relaxing time there with a sack lunch. We then went home for dinner with my parents, sisters and their families and 2 of my grandmas. It was so much fun! I love being with them.
On Monday, mom and dad took us downtown to Temple Square. Growing up I loved going to Temple Square. (Do any of you remember the little boy in the tree movie?) I was thinking a while back that my kids probably won't grow up with Temple Square around the corner so I need to make sure they get to visit while we are out visiting. After lunch at Crown Burger, we met up with Kaye and got to make some nice visits to the Wessman grandparents. Again, a very nice day...
These last two pictures are from Temple Square - the new temple cross-section (amazing) and Hannah posing behind the Conference Center look alike podium in the Church Museum.

On Tuesday I got to visit Holli and Haley and their combined 4 kiddos! I didn't get any pictures, unfortunately, but loved the visit. We missed Shana and her 3 little ones. Afterwards, my mom and dad and I went here:
Wednesday morning we hung out at home with mom and dad and then mom and I ran some errands on the way to the airport. There's kind of a detailed story that is hard to explain, but I had a little tender mercy that morning. We were in the right place at the right time and it saved some heartsickness and $$$. I was very grateful. We flew home that afternoon. Hannah did have to sit on my lap both flights, but she is sure an angel - such a good traveler.

I was surprised to see Mike waiting for me inside the terminal at the airport. I figured I would meet him outside. I liked it. It was so good to see him!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you were able to come out. I'm a little sad that I didn't come see you on Sunday. If I had known I would have been there!