Friday, March 11, 2011

Really Stinky Virus

Ever since Abby was born and stayed in the NICU I've thought that RSV was as close to a death sentence as you could get.


Well...last week Abby was sick off and on with a fever, sore throat and cold symptoms. I took her in last Friday. She tested positive for strep. When she coughed the doctor said, "That sounds like RSV. It won't affect her much, but watch the other two." Great.

I took Briton and Hannah in on Wednesday and they tested positive for RSV. We have been giving them breathing treatments at home that they have actually come to enjoy:) I accidentally (long story) bought 2 nebulizers at $200 a piece. Fixed that problem, luckily! (Now we have 1 rental and 1 borrowed.) I am grateful that their illness seems to be mild. Their behavior hasn't changed much. We are just taking it easy and staying away from other kidlets.

In other Wessman news, Mike and I both have new callings. Mike was released as Scoutmaster 2 weeks ago and sustained as Branch Mission Leader. He is a great missionary and is excited to work more closely with the missionaries. He'll definitely miss Scouts. On Sunday I was released from Relief Society and put in as the Temple Prep Sunday School teacher. I am very excited about that calling! I'll miss many, many, many things about my Relief Society calling, but I am very grateful to know that the growth I experienced and the things I learned don't get taken away because I am released. The relationships don't disappear either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope all the kids get better soon!! I'm glad the RSV isn't too bad! I've been taking care of kids the last few weeks with it who are really sick with it, no fun. You'll have to keep an eye out for Elder McMurdy from Gooding, Lance knew his family growing up and when we were out at the Gooding ward house a few weeks ago I noticed he was in Lancaster. :)

Haley said...

Sorry about the sick kids. Mine are sick 50% of the time. It's just normal, I guess. Such a great calling!!! I'm so happy for you.