Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More Visitors

My parents and sister and niece and two nephews came out for a visit. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed being together. My brother and sister-in-law were also out for their MI wedding reception so, although we didn't get to spend quite as much time with them, we were thrilled to see them!! (The reception is what brought us all together.)

Here are some of our activities:

Blueberry picking (mom;Brooklyn, Amy and Isaac)

Firefly catching - the most simple things were the most fun
The MSU farms - I love the shot of Brooklyn eyeing the cow
Brian and Amy's reception - The kids found a very lovely plant to play jungle under - I think that the plant came out OK
What would a trip to MI be without the beach? These hot days have paid off with 74 degree water! That is 16 degrees warmer than last time we went.
The Children's Museum - Briton had a fever that day so he and I didn't go, but they had fun without us

Water fight in the backyard - Again, the simple things...
A walk in the woods - We have nature trails in our backyard (almost)

The nature trails open up to a playground

I don't know why they were all thanking me/us for "putting up with them". We had a great time and loved the company! Thanks for coming.

It has been a wonderful summer so far - both sets of grandparents, aunts and uncle, cousins and friends!

4 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

How fun! Your sister's kids are getting so big! I can't really put my finger on it, but Brooklyn really looks like one of your sisters...but I can't decide which one. Kaley maybe.

Holli said...

I love your yard! I don't think I've seen pix of it before.

Shana said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Wish we could come visit. Found out if Abby is getting a sister yet?

Auntie Em, Wooster and Grub said...

What a fun summer so far!