Thursday, July 22, 2010

The good doctor at the dentist's office


Abby had her first dental cleaning on Monday. I went first and the kids stayed in the lobby with Mike. When it was Mike's turn, Abby went in to watch. I was out in the lobby with Briton so I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I could hear Abby's little voice talking quite a bit. It turns out that she really hit it off with the hygenist. (She has told me all week about how "Stephanie is a really good doctor at the dentist's office.") When it was her turn, I went in with her. (Sweet Briton was zonked out by now.) All of the tentativeness she arrived with was gone. She did great and appeared to feel very comfortable. Hygenist Stephanie was great with her and we were very proud!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I am impressed! Macey has been to the dentist twice now and has hated every minute of it...she hasn't even wanted the prize at the end because she just wants to get out of there :-) I love your new header pic!

Shana said...

Very impressive! Cooper has an appointment with a pediatric dentist next month and I'm hoping he'll possibly sit in the chair this time (didn't last time, but did let the dentist use a toothbrush on him). Way to go Abby!

Bekah and Lance said...

What a big girl! Love the shades!! :) I have a feeling next time Briton and Carter are together they'll both be helping each other get into mischief! They're both so busy!