Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Backyard in the Spring

First, I know that it is June and most of us don't consider June the spring, but spring was late this year so...my spring plants are still blooming.

My backyard has pretty much all spring blooming flowers (except the annuals) so I love it right about now when there are lots of colors.

Here is a sampling:

Ajuga
Bleeding Heart

My favorite iris of the year

Sweet Woodruff (absolute favorite ground cover)

Columbine

Lily of the Valley (sorry about the focus)

3 comments:

Shana said...

You'd be proud of me Marinda... I just planted some columbine (which I love) and knew those were bleeding hearts. I'm learning! They look gorgeous!

Kristi said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I wish we could visit and see (and smell) them in person!

Jessica N. said...

I love your flowers! I've always wanted to plant all those types,(I LOVE lily of the valley!) but our soil here is not good. Too sandy. But I do have some gladiolas that I'll have to take a picture of.