Saturday, May 3, 2008

Beverly Lucille Glade Wessman - 1924-2008

Mike's Grandma Beverly was a great lady! After a prolonged illness she passed away last Saturday. Today we celebrated her life. Here are a few of her very special qualities:

  • Grandma Beverly always commented that she was so grateful for family and the gospel. Even in the short 4 years I have been a Wessman (and known her), I noted that she always commented, "What would we do without the gospel?" or "I am so blessed to have such a great family".
  • She loved flowers and nature. I never went camping with the family like so many reminisced, but I do have some of her flowers recently transplanted in my garden. I loved her tri-color beech and Japanese maples in her yard.
  • Beverly was a very positive person. She did it all with a smile. Even while she has been sick and hasn't been able to communicate very well, she always greeted us with a smile. She loved Abby and seemed so comfortable and happy around her!
Mike loves his grandparents so much. (Grandpa John passed away in 2004.) He has so many great memories of them and I know that they had a great influence on his life! The following are just a few pictures from 2004-2008...

2 comments:

Her Grace, Heidi, the Duchess of Kneale said...

Oh wow! Thanks so much for posting this.

Bonny said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Its great to have such wonderful grandparents!