Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Weekend

Today I am trying to catch up a bit on my posting. There hasn't been a lot to post on lately, but we've had a few things this weekend:

  • Abby really can walk. She doesn't always choose to, and she still is pretty wobbly, but more and more she is choosing to walk more than crawl. Her max is about 10 steps and depending on how quickly she wants to get to her destination, she may fall after 2-3 steps because she is a bit too zealous, but she is definitely improving and close to being a full-fledged walker!
  • Unfortunately, walking may take a couple days hiatus because she got sick at the cabin over the weekend. Poor, baby.
  • Speaking of the cabin, we went. It was nice, a bit crowded (13 people) and good relaxation. There was lots of snow. This picture is the door to the basement (where Mike, Abby and I always sleep) that my parents and brother-in-law had dug out because the snow buried the door. A few of the steps leading to the main door were completely buried as well.
  • Mike and I went horse riding with my sister Kaley and her friends on Saturday. It had been a long time since I'd ridden, but it was uneventful (that's good when you're on a horse) and very pretty. We went in the gully just a mile or two from my parents' house. That reminded me how lucky we are to have such great destinations in our own backyards! We don't have to look too far to find beauty around here.
  • We have a new niece to welcome into our family. Yeah! Kalyn Elise Wessman was born yesterday! She is a beautiful baby!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Horseback riding sounds like so much fun. I haven't done that since I was like 11. I am glad you had a nice weekend.

Anne-Marie said...

Yay! She's walking! I like how much cleaner they stay rather than crawling.