Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Catch up and Thanksgiving

Uh oh--It's been two weeks since I have updated!

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We traveled to Idaho Falls and stayed with Mike's family from Wednesday through Sunday. All of his siblings were in town so it was fun to see them. Thursday's dinner was great. We (6 of us) went to the IF Temple Friday morning and Mike, Kaye and I saw
Enchanted on Saturday afternoon. I recommend it--cute movie. (OK--so I really liked it--it appealed to my romantic-sentimental-cheesy-and-a-bit-corny side.)

One of my favorite things about our little trip up to Idaho was Abby riding the little token rides at Leo's Pizza Place. They really don't look too exciting from an adult's perspective, but for a 13-month-old--wow! These were a hit!!

Abby also enjoyed Lara's (Mike's sister) dog. I'll have to post the "dictionary according to Abigail" some time with some of her favorite words, but suffice it to say that whenever she hears a dog bark, it is "d-d-d-d-d" or "diggy".

A couple other things. A Friday or two ago (the 16th) one of my best friends, Haley, got married! It was fun to spend a good part of the day with her. She was sealed to Jason in the Salt Lake Temple with her dad (isn't that great) officiating and we were able to go to a nice luncheon and a very fun reception. It was great to see friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. I am very happy for them!
me, Amy, Summer, Haley, Holli, Shana



Sunday before last, we attended a farewell for my mission president and his wife who are returning to Chile for the third time--this time as temple presidents. They have had a great influence on my life and I appreciate the love they showed for me at such an important time!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute Blog! Adelyn Loves Leo's Place as well. We will have to get together next time you are in IF

Monica Mary said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. How is Abbie??? poor thing.